French Smoked Sausage & Walnut Cassoulet
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 400 g pack 6 pork sausages
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 4 giant frankfurters cut into 2cm pieces
- 400 g can haricot beans drained and rinsed
- 100 g California Walnuts
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley chopped
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for 5 minutes until browned, cut into 2cm pieces and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 7-8 minutes. Add in the wine and reduce by half, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Blend in the stock and add the tomatoes, sausages, frankfurters, beans and Walnuts. Bring to the boil, covered and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season and stir in the parsley to serve.
Calories: 844kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Fibre: 12g | Sugar: 11g
Cooks tip Try adding cooked smoked bacon instead of the sausages, or use cannellini beans instead.