Fruit Kebabs with California Walnut Salsa
Servings 4 people
- 50 g caster sugar
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 4 large strawberries 400g
- 250 g orange and yellow flesh melon cut in to cubes
- 1 large banana cut into 4
- 2 tsp oil
- Place the sugar in a small saucepan with the lime juice and 4 tbsp water, heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until pale golden in colour. Add the lime zest then stir in the Walnuts, set aside.
- Thread the fruit onto 4 wooden satay sticks or skewers. Brush with a little oil and place on a BBQ or griddle pan for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Sprinkle over the Walnut salsa and serve with lemon sorbet or Greek yogurt if liked.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Fibre: 2.5g | Sugar: 24g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Prepare the kebabs and Walnut salsa in advance and place on the BBQ when needed. 0.02g salt per serving