Halibut with Florida Grapefruit and California Walnuts
- 4 fillets of halibut
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the topping
- 70 g California Walnuts
- 30 g panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the salsa
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 1/2 fresh red chilli
- 1 fennel bulb finely chopped
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pat the fish fillets dry with a kitchen bowl, then drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pre heat a non stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the fish into the pan and cook on one each until golden.
- Meanwhile to make the topping, chop the California Walnuts and place in a shallow bowl with the chopped parsley, breadcrumbs and olive oil.
- Turn the fish over and top with the walnut crumb.
- Place the fish still in the frying pan into the oven at 160c and cook for 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Time to make the salsa, chop the red onion as finely as you can and place in a bowl with the juice of the Florida Grapefruit and the chopped red chilli.
- Stir together to help the acidity of the grapefruit pickle the onion and chilli for a nice tangy flavour.
- Add the chopped fennel and stir together once again.
- Finally add the olive oil and chopped parsley to create a delicious salsa,
- When the fish is cooked remove from the oven and serve with the salsa.
Serving: 1355 | Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Fibre: 4.5g | Sugar: 10gBack to Recipe Search