Hasselback Potatoes with California Walnuts and Cheese
Servings 4 people
- 500 g Charlotte potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 50 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme leaves only
- 50 g mature Cheddar grated
- Chopped chives to serve
- Place a potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons and cut down to the handles, 0.5cm apart (the spoons prevent the knife cutting all the way through the potato), repeat with the remaining potatoes. Cook in boiling water for 12-15 minutes until just tender and drain well.
- Place the potatoes, cut side up, on a large sheet of foil in a single layer, season and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle over the onion, Walnuts, thyme and cheese. Wrap the foil up to seal, creating a tent effect. Place on a BBQ or griddle pan for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chives to serve.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7.8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Fibre: 3.3g | Sugar: 2.8g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: These can also be cooked in the oven at 200oC, gas mark 6 for 15-20 minutes and flashed under a preheated grill until the cheese is golden. 0.24g salt per serving