Hasselback Squash With Walnut Crumb
- 1 butternut squash peeled, halved and deseeded (1.3kg)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus a drizzle
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 75 g California Walnuts chopped plus 25g
- ½ x 25g pack fresh coriander chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 lemon
- 150 g edamame beans
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place 1 squash half, flat side down on a chopping board between 2 wooden spoons (to stop the knife cutting all the way through). Made cuts, 0.5cm apart all the way along the squash. Repeat with the other squash half and place both in a roasting tin, push the garlic slices randomly into the cuts.
- Mix 2 tbsp oil with the spices and drizzle over the squash, bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix the 75g walnuts, herbs, lemon zest and remaining oil together and sprinkle over the squash, bake for a further 20 minutes until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, stir fry the beans and remaining 25g walnuts in a drizzle of oil for 1-2 minutes, stirring in the juice of half the lemon at the end. Serve with the squash.
Calories: 753kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 5.6g | Fibre: 25g | Sugar: 24g
Back to Recipe Search
Cooks tip Add harissa paste to the walnut crumb for extra heat.