Hot Dogs with California Walnut Mustard Relish
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 50 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 gherkin finely diced
- 1 tbsp American yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 jumbo frankfurters 360g
- 4 hot dog rolls split down the centre
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 5 -7 minutes, add the Walnuts and fry for a further 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the gherkin, mustard, 1 tbsp water and parsley, season.
- Cook the frankfurters on a BBQ or griddle pan for 5-8 minutes, turning until evenly cooked. Serve in the buns topped with the Walnut mustard relish.
Calories: 529kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 8.1g | Fibre: 3.9g | Sugar: 5.9g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Add tomato sauce to the buns before adding the frankfurters if liked. The relish can be made ahead and kept in the fridge until needed. 2.2g salt per serving