Italian BBQ Walnut 'Mince' Pizza
- 420 g strong white bread flour
- 7 g sachet dried fast action yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 140 g pizza sauce
- 200 g grated mozzarella or vegan alternative
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 150 g California Walnuts
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Place the flour, yeast and 1 tsp salt into the bowl of a kitchen mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir to combine and mix in the oil and 250ml warm water to make a dough. Knead for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large, oiled bowl, cover and prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
- Lightly knead the dough to knock out the air and divide into 2 balls. Roll out each ball to 26cm circle on a floured surface, spread with the pizza sauce leaving a 2cm border round the edges. Sprinkle with cheese followed by the pepper and onion. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the Walnuts and bbq sauce in a food processor and blend to a mince-like consistency. Scatter over the pizzas and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Scatter over fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of oil to serve.
Calories: 935kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fibre: 7.5g | Sugar: 9.4g
Cooks tip Try adding a pinch of dried chilli flakes.