Korean California Walnut Bowl by Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
- 130 g California Walnuts
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 140 g firm tofu crumbled
- 60 g frozen peas thawed
- Chopped spring onions
- Sesame seeds
- Chilli flakes optional
- Place the California Walnuts in a food processor and pulse a few times until crumbly. Don’t blend for too long. You don’t want the texture to be too fine.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with lukewarm water. Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes, then drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a frying pan, then add in the chopped onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute, then add in the soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and sriracha. Cook for another minute, then add in the drained walnuts and crumbled tofu. Mix to combine and continue cooking on a medium-low heat until the mixture thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Once the mixture is cooked through, take off the heat and garnish with sesame, chilli flakes (if using any) and more chopped spring onions. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Serving: 131g | Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Fibre: 2.9g | Sugar: 9.5g
Salt: 1.2g Nutritionals based on 4 servings