Lemon & California Walnut Drizzle cake
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 100 g California Walnut Pieces
- 125 g butter softened
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark Grease and base line a 1 kg loaf tin.
- Place 50g walnuts in a food processor and blitz to a coarse powder, chop a further 25g.
- Whisk the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the zest of 2 lemons and then whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time. Fold in the flour, baking powder and prepared walnuts to give a smooth batter. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Just before the cake comes out of the oven, mix the juice of 1 lemon with granulated sugar. Chop the remaining 25g walnuts and stir into the syrup. Prick the cake with a skewer several times and drizzle over the lemon syrup. Allow to cool a little in the tin before removing then allow to cool completely.
Serving: 80g | Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.4g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 23.4g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Fibre: 1.5g | Sugar: 21.2g