Loaded Mushrooms with California Walnuts and Cheese
Servings 4 people
- 80 g diced smoked pancetta
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 4 large flat mushrooms stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g mature Cheddar grated
- Fry the pancetta for 3 minutes until crispy, add the Walnuts and spring onions and fry for a further minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Brush the mushrooms with the oil and place on a BBQ or griddle pan, stalk side down first and cook for 5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until softened but keeping their shape. Transfer to a large sheet of foil, stem side up.
- Stir the cheese into the pancetta mixture and spoon over the mushrooms, wrap up the foil to seal and return to the BBQ or griddle pan for about 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.9g | Protein: 9.9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5.6g | Fibre: 1.4g | Sugar: 0.8g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Make up the pancetta topping in advance. 0.77g salt per serving