Mediterranean Bread and Butter Pudding
- 50 g unsalted butter softened
- 8 thick slices white farmhouse bread cut in half diagonally
- 150 g sun dried tomatoes
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 g Parmigiana Reggiano finely grated
- 3 medium eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 6 large basil leaves shredded
- Salad to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Grease a 2 litre serving dish.
- Spread the butter over the bread and set aside. Place the tomatoes, 75g Walnuts, garlic and cheese in a food processor and pulse to give a coarse crumb.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a jug and season. Place half the bread in the dish, sprinkle over half the tomato crumb and half the basil, pour over half the egg mixture, repeat the layers and sprinkle over the remaining chopped Walnuts, leave to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set. Serve with a green salad.
- Great to use up 3-4 day old white or brown bread.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9.1g | Fibre: 5.2g | Sugar: 6.8gBack to Recipe Search