Mediterranean Cod & Rice One Pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 peppers 1 red, 1 yellow, diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 175 g wholegrain rice
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g spinach
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- ½ x 25g pack basil shredded
- 4 x 120g cod fillets
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the peppers and onion for 5 minutes, add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stock, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Season.
- Stir in the spinach, Walnuts and basil and nestle in the cod, recover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the fish is cooked and the rice is tender.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Fibre: 5.7g | Sugar: 8.4g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt 0.46g per serving Cook's Tip Try with salmon or hake fillets too.