Mushroom & Walnut Orzetto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 400 g butternut squash cut into 1cm dice
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 250 g orzo pasta
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic and squash for 5 minutes. Stir in the walnuts and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the orzo and stock, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender. Season and stir in the vinegar and parsley to serve.
- Try adding some blue cheese at the end of cooking or sprinkle with Parmesan for a non-plant based option.
Serving: 348g | Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Fibre: 8g | Sugar: 9.6g