Onion & Walnut Tart Tatin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions cut into thin wedges
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 150 g caramelised red onion chutney
- 320 g pack puff pastry sheet
- 75 g dolcelatte
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Grease and base line a 32x22cm tin.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion wedges in 2 batches for 3 minutes, turning halfway until golden. Scatter the walnuts over the tray and add the onion wedges, season.
- Spread the chutney over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border round the edges, place the pastry, chutney side down, on top of the onions and tuck the pastry edges inside the tin to enclose the onion filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Upturn onto a serving board and dot with the cheese and sprinkle with chives to serve.
- Omit the cheese for a vegetarian option. Great served with a side salad. Try any flavour chutney for a variation.
Serving: 246g | Calories: 759kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Fibre: 6.4g | Sugar: 32g
Back to Recipe Search