Orzo with Roasted Squash, California Walnuts & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 800 g butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 75 g California Walnut Halves
- 150 g sun dried tomatoes in oil halved + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 200 g orzo pasta
- 25 g pack basil shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the squash, pepper and walnuts in a large roasting tin and toss in 1 tbsp sun dried tomato oil, honey and paprika, season and bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo pasta in boiling water for 9-10 minutes until tender, drain well.
- Stir the pasta into the vegetables with the sun-dried tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp sun dried tomato oil and the basil. Season to taste.
Serving: 342g | Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Fibre: 11.8g | Sugar: 14g
Salt: 1.1g Cook Tip: Great with chorizo roasted with the squash. Try using cooked brown rice or whole wheat macaroni instead of orzo pasta.