Plum, Pear & California Walnut Crumble
- 3 Conference pears peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 400 g ripe plums stoned and quartered
- 100 g California Walnut Pieces
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g dark brown soft sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 75 g unsalted butter diced
- 75 g oats
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the pears, plums, 50g walnuts, cinnamon and half the sugar in a large saucepan with 4 tbsp water. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes or until the fruit is just tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 2 litre ovenproof serving dish.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Roughly chop the remaining walnuts and stir into the flour with the sugar and oats. Sprinkle over the fruit and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling round the edges.
Serving: 207g | Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.7g | Protein: 6.7g | Fat: 23.1g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fibre: 6.1g | Sugar: 26.4g
Back to Recipe Search