Pomegranate Glazed Chicken with California Walnut and Pomegranate Couscous
This sticky pomegranate and sumac glazed chicken, served with our nutty, herby, jewel-studded couscous, is a sure-fire winner at BBQs. Move over burgers and hot dogs!
Servings 2 People
For the chicken:
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 60 ml pomegranate molasses
For the couscous:
- 160 g couscous
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml pomegranate molasses
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Small bunch of mint roughly chopped
- 80 g California walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- Mix together the garlic, sumac and olive oil, season with the salt and pepper and massage into the chicken thighs. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Once marinated, place the chicken thighs on a barbeque over medium hot coals.
- After 10 minutes brush the chicken with the pomegranate molasses – continue cooking until sticky and glazed on the outside and cooked right through on the inside. (If you’re unsure you can pierce the chicken with a skewer – if the juices are pink keep cooking the chicken until they run clear).
- Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions. Meanwhile, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses.
- Mix into the couscous along with the pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs and walnuts. Serve alongside the chicken.
Serving: 1Half | Calories: 1088kcal | Carbohydrates: 97.5g | Protein: 37.5g | Fat: 62.8g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Fibre: 6.6g | Sugar: 24.6g
Back to Recipe Search