Pork, Apple & California Walnut Casserole
- 1 tbsp oil
- 600 g pork fillet cut into 1cm slices
- 1 onion sliced
- 100 g California Walnut Halves
- 2 tbsp flour 25g
- 500 ml bottle cider
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 red apple cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche 50g
- ½ x 25g pack parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pork slices in 2 batches until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and walnuts to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually blend in the cider, stock cube and mustard and bring to the boil, add the pork back to the pan with the apple and season. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake for 1½ hours until pork is tender.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and parsley and serve with rice or mashed potato and fresh vegetables.
Serving: 309g | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.3g | Protein: 39.2g | Fat: 35.3g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fibre: 2.9g | Sugar: 9.5g
Back to Recipe Search