Pulled Aubergine, Halloumi and California Walnut Sliders
Servings 6 sliders
- 2 aubergines 500g
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 6 small floured baps halved
- 250 g halloumi sliced into 6
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 little gem lettuce leaves
- Tomato chutney to serve
- Place the aubergines on a BBQ or griddle pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until soft and slightly charred, wrap in foil and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut the ends off and remove the skin, cut in half and pull apart the flesh. Place in a bowl and mix in the BBQ sauce and Walnuts, season.
- Toast the baps on the BBQ or griddle pan until golden.
- Brush the halloumi slices with a little oil and BBQ or griddle for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
- Place the lettuce on the bap base, top with the pulled aubergine and then the halloumi. Add a spoonful of tomato chutney and the top of the bap to serve.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8.1g | Fibre: 4.2g | Sugar: 7.9g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: For extra flavour, add some sriracha sauce to the pulled aubergines and brush the baps with a little vegan mayo. 2.1g salt per serving.