Pumpkin, Sage and California Walnut Open Lasagne
With crunchy California walnuts, creamy mascarpone and feta, and fragrant sage, this open lasgane is a modern twist on a classic.
Prep Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 People
- 800 g pumpkin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g California walnuts
- 1 small bunch sage
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 sheets of fresh pasta
- 200 g chard
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 150 g feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel the pumpkin and chop into 2cm pieces. Drizzle the bottom of a baking tray with 2 tbsp of olive oil, toss in the pumpkin, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the walnuts and sage to a food processor, setting aside a few sage leaves to garnish, and blitz until roughly chopped.
- Place the remaining olive oil into a medium non-stick frying pan over a low heat, add in the walnuts and garlic, and sauté until well toasted and fragrant.
- Cook the pasta sheets in plenty of salted boiling water, adding in the chard towards the end of its cooking time. Drain the pasta and set aside 150ml of the water.
- Take half the roasted pumpkin, place in a small saucepan over a low heat and mash with the pasta water and mascarpone cheese. Grate in the nutmeg and stir to form a sauce (adding in a splash more water if necessary). Season to taste.
- Cut the cooked lasagne sheets into 3 or 4 pieces each and layer onto 4 plates with the pumpkin sauce, chard and roasted pumpkin cubes.
- Fry the remaining sage leaves to garnish if you have time.
- Sprinkle with the walnut mixture and crumble over the feta to serve.
Serving: 1Quarter | Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 54.4g | Protein: 21.1g | Fat: 41.1g | Saturated Fat: 12.5g | Fibre: 6.6g | Sugar: 7.1g