Roasted Lamb with California Walnut Salsa
For the Lamb:
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 900 g boneless leg of lamb
For the California Walnut Salsa:
- 75 ml walnut oil
- 4 tbsp capers rinsed and chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets minced
- 10 g fresh parsley chopped
- 10 g fresh mint chopped
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns in brine drained and minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 125 g California Walnut pieces coarsely chopped
Back to Recipe Search
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- In a small bowl, add Dijon, garlic, olive oil and rosemary; stir to combine.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin and rub the marinade over the entire surface of the lamb.
- Roast the lamb on the centre oven shelf for 1-1½ hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 52°C, at the thickest point, for medium rare. Roast longer for desired doneness.
- Allow the lamb roast to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
- For the California Walnut salsa, combine the walnut oil, capers, anchovy fillets, parsley, mint, peppercorns, lemon zest and juice and Californian walnut pieces in a medium sized bowl and spoon over the lamb slices.