Salmon with Ginger, Lemon & Walnut Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 25 g ginger finely chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- Zest 1 lemon
- 50 g California Walnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the salmon for 10 minutes, turning half way, remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots, garlic and ginger to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened, add the wine and reduce by half. Stir in the stock and lemon zest and simmer for 2 minutes until reduced slightly. Return the salmon to the pan with the walnuts and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the chives to serve.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables and creamed potatoes.
- Great with cod or tuna steaks.
Serving: 224g | Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Fibre: 1.7g | Sugar: 1.7g
Back to Recipe Search