Smoky Walnut & Beans on Toast
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1½ smoked paprika
- 400 g can mixed beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 100 g California Walnuts chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 slices sourdough toasted
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the spring onions for 1 minute, then add the paprika. Add the beans, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, walnuts and 100ml water. Cover and bring to the boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and cook for a further 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Stir in half the parsley and spoon over the toasted sourdough bread, serve sprinkled with remaining parsley and extra walnuts.
- Try using hot smoked paprika for an extra kick or add fried diced pancetta or chorizo for extra flavour.
Serving: 247g | Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Fibre: 9.5g | Sugar: 9g
Back to Recipe Search