Souk Spiced Aubergines with California Walnuts, Pomegranate and Tahini Yoghurt
Bringing together warming spices, the creamy nuttiness of California walnuts, and powerful flavour of tahini, this mouth-watering dish perfectly showcases the flavours of aubergine and pomegranate. Perfect for a side or veggie main.
Servings 4 People
- 2 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 aubergines cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- A squeeze of lemon
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 60 g California walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the spices together and put to one side. Brush the sliced aubergine with olive oil, place on a baking tray and sprinkle over the spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning over halfway, until tinged golden brown around the edges.
- Mix the yoghurt with the tahini adding a squeeze of lemon, then dilute with a splash of water to create a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the aubergines with the tahini yoghurt and pomegranate molasses. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts and flat leaf parsley to serve