Spinach, Ham and California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs
This beautiful breakfast brings a whole new meaning to ‘sunny side up’. Bursting with flavour, a source of protein and oh-so Instagram-worthy, nothing will brighten up your morning quite like these cute cloud eggs with a nutty twist.
Servings 2 People
- 100 g spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 slice smoked ham roughly chopped
- 30 g California walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the spinach, then wilt down in a saucepan (no need to add any extra water).
- Plunge the wilted spinach into cold water and drain through a colander. Squeeze out as much water as possible with your hands, scrunching the leaves up into a ball. Slice finely and put to one side.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks into a small bowl and the white into a large mixing bowl. Whisk the whites until you have stiff peaks, then fold in the spinach and ham.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and spoon the white mixture onto the tray to form four cloud shapes. Using a teaspoon make a small indentation in each, then carefully place one yolk into each cloud.
- Place into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the white is tinged golden but the yolk is still runny.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and chives to serve.
Serving: 1Half | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Protein: 20.4g | Fat: 21.5g | Saturated Fat: 4.2g | Fibre: 2.1g | Sugar: 1.3g
Back to Recipe Search