Spring Vegetable, Chicken & Walnut Pasta
Servings 4 people
- 250 g pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into batons
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 200 g asparagus trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ x 25g pack parsley chopped
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, onion and carrot for 5 minutes. Add the walnuts, asparagus and pepper, cover and fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining oil and the vinegar and toss in the pasta, stirring to evenly coat, season well.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- Try using sliced pork fillet instead of the chicken or simply omit for a vegetarian option.
Serving: 424g | Calories: 649kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.3g | Protein: 44.7g | Fat: 25.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Fibre: 9.2g | Sugar: 10.3g