Superfood Christmas Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 450 g sweet potato diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ ciabatta loaf torn into bite sized pieces
- 50 g California Walnut halves
- 150 g kale
- 200 g cooked roast turkey torn into pieces
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- 3-4 tbsp Caesar dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp oil then roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove to a bowl to cool. Add the ciabatta to the same tray and toss in the remaining oil, cook for 5 minutes then scatter the walnuts to one side of the tray and roast for a further 5-8 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, drain and run under cold water, squeeze out excess liquid.
- Toss kale with the sweet potato, turkey and pomegranate seeds and place on a serving platter. Top with the ciabatta croutons and walnuts, drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Serving: 489g | Calories: 951kcal | Carbohydrates: 70.3g | Protein: 45.8g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 7.1g | Fibre: 13.6g | Sugar: 20.1g
Salt: 1.8g Cooks tip: Try using leftover roast parsnips instead of sweet potato, great for using up leftovers from the Christmas dinner.