Sweet Potato Toast with California Walnut Spread
Forget peanut butter on toast, this delicious treat will be your new snack of choice once you’ve had a taste. Hearty and full of flavour, this is sure to kick your carb craving and leave you feeling satisfyingly full.
Servings 4 Servings
- 100 g California walnuts toasted
- 2 lumps of stem ginger
- 30 ml agave syrup
- 20 ml water
- 1 large round sweet potato
- Fruit to top such as sliced banana, blueberries, pomegranate seeds or sliced strawberries
- Place the California walnuts into a food processor with the stem ginger, agave syrup and water, and whizz until smooth.
- Slice the potato into 1/2cm thick slices, place into a toaster and toast on the highest setting until the sweet potato is soft and tinged brown.
- Spread the walnut mixture over the sweet potato slices and top with your favourite fruit.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.8g | Protein: 4.6g | Fat: 17.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Fibre: 3.6g | Sugar: 10.3g