Thai Style Papaya Salad with Walnuts
- 100 g fine green beans trimmed and halved
- 100 g beansprouts
- 1 carrot shredded
- 100 g California Walnuts toasted
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely diced
- 1 small unripe papaya peeled, deseeded and shredded
- 2 limes zest of 1, juice of 2
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and cool under cold water. Add the beansprouts to the same water and blanch for 30 seconds, drain and cool under cold water. Place both in a large bowl.
- Add the carrot, Walnuts, chilli and papaya to the bowl.
- Whisk together the lime zest and juice, fish sauce, oil and sugar and toss into the salad.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Fibre: 5.8g | Sugar: 9.7g
Back to Recipe Search
Cooks tip Great served with king prawn skewers.