Toasted California Walnut, Mushroom and Tarragon Pesto Gnocchi
This gnocchi dish will take just minutes to make but packs a serious flavour punch, and feeds four for under £10. With a creamy California walnut, garlic and tarragon pesto sauce, fried mushrooms, and a crunchy California walnut topping, this simple, delicious dish is best served immediately. Cooking for one? Simply make your pesto sauce and store in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready for round two!
Servings 4 People
- 100 g California walnuts toasted
- 1 Bunch Basil de-stalked
- 1 Bunch Tarragon de-stalked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 whole head Garlic (roasted – simply wrap in foil and pop in an oven preheated to 180°C for 45 mins for perfectly roasted garlic)
- 1 pack (250g) Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 kg Gnocchi (check the back of the pack to make sure it’s plant-based)
- 1 Whole Lemon Juice of the whole lemon
- Place half the toasted California walnuts, the basil, tarragon, salt, pepper, and 6 tbsp of the olive oil into a blender. Take the roasted garlic and squidge it out into the blender - blitz until smooth. (You can also use a NutriBullet for this stage, or pestle and mortar).
- Next, dice the mushrooms and place into a frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Fry until soft.
- Place your gnocchi into a separate pan with the remaining olive oil and fry until crisp.
- Serve the gnocchi with the pesto and mushrooms layered on top, scattered with the remaining toasted California walnuts, and with a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!
Serving: 385g | Calories: 724kcal | Carbohydrates: 78.5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 40.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.4g | Fibre: 9g | Sugar: 2.1g
Salt: 0.82g. Recipe developed for California Walnut’s and reproduced with the kind permission of MOB Kitchen.