Trio of Walnut Bites
Parmesan walnut clusters
- 100 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano finely grated
- 50 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tsp dried red bell pepper flakes
Walnut, cranberry & spinach bites
- 350 g spinach
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 75 g California Walnuts chopped, plus 25g for sprinkling
- 25 g garlic and herb cream cheese
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 25 g butter melted
- 2 sprigs rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 100 g garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 stick celery finely diced
- 35 g California Walnuts chopped
- 1 small red apple
- 2 to rtilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment.
- For the clusters, mix together the Parmigiano Reggiano and walnuts. Place 8 large tablespoonfuls onto each tray and bake each for 5 minutes until golden. Allow to cool before transferring to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with chives and pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, for the spinach bites, microwave the spinach for 2-3 minutes until just wilted, squeeze out the excess liquid and chop. Mix the spinach with the cranberries, walnuts and cream cheese in a large bowl and season. Brush 1 sheet of pastry with butter and lay another sheet on top, repeat with the remaining sheet. Spread the spinach filling evenly over the pastry and roll up from the long edge into a long sausage shape. Brush all over with butter and roll in the remaining finely chopped walnuts mixed with the rosemary. Cut into 16 pieces and place on a large tray, bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- For the Waldorf wraps, mix together the cream cheese, celery and walnuts. Grate the apple and squeeze out excess juice then stir into the mixture and season. Spread over the 2 wraps and roll up. Cut the ends off and then cut each wrap into 8, secure with cocktail sticks if required.
- Serve the trio of bites on 1 large serving platter or 3 separate smaller platters.
- Serve with a mayonnaise dip or simply warm on their own. For a vegetarian option, use vegetarian hard cheese for the parmesan walnut clusters.
Serving: 280g | Calories: 771kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Fibre: 6.6g | Sugar: 16g