Vegan Chocolate Chip California Walnut Cookies
Servings 16 Cookies
- 150 g California walnuts
- 32 g oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil slightly melted
- 67 g coconut sugar
- 60 ml almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 22 g rolled oats
- 36 g chopped California walnuts to add at the end
- 80 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Blitz the walnuts in a food processor until a smooth nut butter consistency is formed.
- Meanwhile, add the oat flour, baking powder and salt to a large bowl.
- When the walnuts are blitzed into a nut butter consistency, transfer this to a separate large mixing bowl.
- To the walnut butter, add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, almond milk and vanilla extract. Use a large wooden spoon to beat until well combined. Slowly add the first bowl (oat flour, baking powder and salt) to the wet ingredients. Stir gently until just combined.
- Gradually fold in the rolled oats, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. Form into balls and place on the lined baking sheet, leaving a generous gap between each ball for them to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cooked form a light crust.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking tray before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up 3-4 days.
Serving: 128 | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.8g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Fibre: 1.1g | Sugar: 7.1gBack to Recipe Search