Vegan Creamy Walnut Cheesy Pasta by Charley's Health
Cook Time 1 hour
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for cooking
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast + 1 extra
- 60 g California Walnuts plus extra for garnishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 360 ml water
- 4 Servings of pasta
- Optional: Coconut cream
- Preheat your oven to 200c and roughly chop the carrots.
- Drizzle these with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then pop them, along with the garlic into the oven to roast for around 40 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once your carrots are nicely roasted, in a blender combine these with the walnuts, 1/2 cup water, coconut cream, nutritional yeast, the roasted garlic cloves and seasonings and blend.
- Gradually drizzle in the rest of the water a little at a time until you’re left with a smooth and creamy consistency. Use as much or as little of the water as needed (you want the sauce to be quite thick, yet pourable). Adjust any seasonings to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and add in an extra tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Serve and garnish with some cracked black pepper and extra walnuts.
Serving: 406g | Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 89.2g | Protein: 22.8g | Fat: 15.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Fibre: 19.3g | Sugar: 8.9g