Walnut and Banana Breakfast Traybake by Luce Hosier
- 175 g California Walnuts
- 75 g dairy free butter melted
- 150 g oats
- 350 g oat flour blended oats into oat flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons of water left for 10 minutes
- 170 ml dairy free milk
- 50 g tahini
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs optional
- Dairy free yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper.
- Begin by mashing the bananas and combining with the melted butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, flax egg, dairy free milk and peanut butter.
- Next finely chop or blend 100g of the walnuts into fine crumbs. Add to a separate bowl along with the oats, oat flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and cacao nibs. Combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and thoroughly combine before emptying into the baking tray and flattening down.
- Chop the remaining 75g of walnuts and sprinkle on top. Push them down gently into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes before allowing to cool slightly and cutting into portions. Serve with some yoghurt and enjoy!
Serving: 141g | Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.4g | Protein: 12.2g | Fat: 26.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Fibre: 7g | Sugar: 10.4g