Walnut and Cinnamon Puff Pastry Buns
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- 250 g California Walnuts chopped
- 4 tablespoons of dairy free butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and more for glazing
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Next melt the butter in the microwave and combine with the cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup and light brown sugar.
- Roll the sheets of puff pastry out and brush the butter mixture on top so they are both completely covered. Now sprinkle 2/3 of the chopped walnuts over the two sheets.
- With the longest side facing you roll each sheet up into a tight log. Repeat with the second.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces and place each piece into the muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly remove from the tin, glaze with maple syrup and top with the remaining chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
Serving: 68g | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.3g | Protein: 6.7g | Fat: 31.2g | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Fibre: 2.7g | Sugar: 7.4g
Back to Recipe Search