Walnut, Aubergine & Mushroom Keema Curry
- 150 g California Walnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 aubergine cut into 1cm dice
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 100 g baby spinach
- 225 g basmati rice cooked
- Soak the walnuts in lukewarm water for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion and chilli for 4-5 minutes, add the spices and then the aubergine and mushrooms, cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 100ml water and the walnuts, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach until just wilted and season.
- Serve with the cooked basmati rice.
- Try adding chickpeas instead of the aubergine and stir in chopped coriander at the end.
Serving: 481g | Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Fibre: 8.2g | Sugar: 9.2g
Back to Recipe Search