Walnut, Banana & Carrot Pancakes
Servings 4 people
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 200 ml milk
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 75 g California Walnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
To serve: sliced strawberries, bananas and 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add in the egg and whisk gently to combine, gradually adding the milk to give a batter. Mix in the carrot, banana and half the walnuts.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add ¼ of the batter, swirling around to give a pancake approx. 18cm in diameter, cook for 1-2 minutes each side, repeat to make 4 pancakes.
- Serve filled with sliced strawberries, banana, the remaining walnuts and drizzle over the maple syrup.
- Make smaller pancakes and then serve 3 per person in a stack scattered with fruit, walnuts and maple syrup.
Serving: 152g | Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Fibre: 3.2g | Sugar: 8.9g
Salt: 0.43g All nutritional values are for the pancakes only (excludes toppings)