Walnut & Cherry Florentines
- 50 g plain flour
- 25 g glace cherries chopped
- 25 g dried sour cherries chopped
- 75 g California Walnuts chopped
- 50 g butter
- 50 g golden syrup
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- 175 g white chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line 2 large trays with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, cherries and walnuts in a bowl. Place the butter in a small saucepan with the syrup and sugar and heat until melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir into the dry mixture.
- Place 15 tablespoons onto the 2 trays with plenty of space between them, bake for 6-7 minutes. Allow to harden before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dip or spread the base of each Florentine with the white chocolate and allow to cool and set.
- Try using dark or milk chocolate instead of the white. Make mini Florentines for snacks or buffets.
Serving: 31g | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Fibre: 0.4g | Sugar: 15g
Back to Recipe Search