Walnut, Cinnamon and Apple Porridge by Luce Hosier
- 160 g oats
- 2 apples peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 450 ml dairy free milk
- 70 g California Walnuts crushed and toasted
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Splash of water
- Almond butter
- In a saucepan on a low to medium heat combine the oats, chunks of 1 of the apples, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, dairy free milk, half of the toasted walnuts and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Stir frequently until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate saucepan add the chunks from the remaining apple with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a splash of water. Stir for a few minutes until the apples have softened.
- Split the porridge between two bowls and top with the stewed apples.
- Drizzle with almond or nut butter and add the remaining crushed toasted walnuts.
Serving: 400g | Calories: 798kcal | Carbohydrates: 79.2g | Protein: 24.3g | Fat: 39.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Fibre: 13.2g | Sugar: 22.6g