Walnut, Cinnamon & Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread by Charley's Health
Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 65 g vegan butter
- 60 g coconut palm sugar
- 40 ml agave syrup
- 2 whole eggs
- 100 g oat flour
- 80 g spelt flour
- Heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 30 g handful of dark chocolate chips
- 30 g handful of chopped California Walnuts
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp Non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of mixed spice
- 20 g extra walnuts for toppings
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine the bananas, coconut sugar, agave and vegan butter, then blend until smooth.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then fold through the wet ingredients to create a smooth cake batter.
- Gently mix through the walnuts and chocolate chips, then pour the mixture into your loaf tin.
- Bake the banana bread in the oven for around 40 minuets, then allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix together the cashew butter, agave syrup, spices and a dash of non dairy milk.
- Once your frosting is nice and smooth and the loaf has cooled, spread the icing over the top and garnish with some extra walnuts. Serve with a warming cup of hot cocoa and enjoy!
Serving: 71g | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.6g | Protein: 4.9g | Fat: 10.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Fibre: 2.4g | Sugar: 16.6g