Walnut Panettone Bread & Butter Pudding
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 50 g butter softened plus extra to grease the dish
- 500 g panettone sliced
- 3 tbsp marmalade
- 100 g Walnut Pieces
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 350 ml whole milk
- 100 ml double cream
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170oC, gas mark Lightly butter a 2 litre litre baking dish.
- Spread the panettone slices with butter and then with the marmalade and cut into approx. 7cm squares. Arrange these overlapping in the dish, sprinkling with walnuts and cranberries as you go.
- Beat together the milk, cream, eggs, cinnamon and sugar reserving 1 tbsp for sprinkling. Pour over the panettone and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden. Allow the pudding to cool slightly before serving.
Serving: 185g | Calories: 751kcal | Carbohydrates: 69.6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 45.4g | Saturated Fat: 21.6g | Fibre: 4.3g | Sugar: 51.6g
Salt: 0.40g Cooks tip: Try using extra dried mixed fruit and orange zest instead of marmalade and cranberries. Great served with clotted cream.