Walnut Panna Cotta
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50 g caster sugar
- 3 sheets leaf gelatine
- 100 ml full fat milk
- 200 g mixed berries to serve
- Grease 4 x 200ml dariole moulds.
- Finely chop 75g of the walnuts in a food processor and add to a small saucepan with the cream, vanilla and sugar, bring to just below boiling and remove from the heat. Allow to infuse until cool.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Place the milk in a small saucepan and heat until steam just begins to show, off the heat stir in the soaked gelatine and stir until dissolved. Mix into the walnut cream mixture. Pour into the dariole moulds and chill for 4-5 hours until set.
- To serve, briefly dip the moulds into a bowl of hot water and upturn onto small plates and serve with mixed fruit and remaining chopped walnuts.
- If you don’t have individual moulds simply make one large panna cotta. Also great served with stewed fruits instead of the berries.
Serving: 190g | Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8.2g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Fibre: 2.8g | Sugar: 19g