Walnut Tea Loaf
Servings 10 people
- 100 g dried apricots roughly chopped
- 75 g dried figs quartered
- 75 g pitted dates roughly chopped
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 200 g light brown soft sugar
- 75 g California Walnuts roughly chopped plus 12 whole walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Mix together the fruit in a bowl and add the tea bags, pour over 300ml boiling water and leave to steep for 20 minutes, discard the tea bags.
- Whisk together the eggs, flour and sugar in a large bowl and stir in the dried fruits plus all the liquid and the chopped walnuts. Pour into the prepared tin, arrange the whole walnuts on top and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean, cover with foil if the top begins to get too dark.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Any flavour tea bag will work just as well. Great for on the go breakfast or afternoon teatime.
Serving: 110g | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.3g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 8.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Fibre: 3.7g | Sugar: 32.5g
Back to Recipe Search