Winter Walnut Slaw
- 100 g California Walnut pieces
- 400 g red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 fennel bulb approx. 300g, finely shredded
- 1 eating apple cored and coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 25 g parsley chopped
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 50 g creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the walnuts in a small roasting tin and roast for 6-8 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cabbage, fennel, apple, onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish and vinegar, season well and stir into the slaw. Stir in the walnuts, reserving a few to scatter over the top.
Serving: 612g | Calories: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.9g | Protein: 14.7g | Fat: 51.8g | Saturated Fat: 5.1g | Fibre: 16.3g | Sugar: 25.1g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt:0.68g Cooks tip: Great served with cold meats, ideal for a Boxing Day lunch. Try using white cabbage or carrots instead of the red cabbage, or for extra heat, use hot horseradish sauce.