Griddled vegetables with chickpeas & walnut sauce
- 1 aubergine cut into 0.5cm long slices
- 2 courgettes cut into 0.5cm long slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 400 g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- Brush the vegetable slices with a little oil and griddle or fry in batches for 2 minutes each side to give golden bar marks, set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a separate frying pan and fry the onion and 2 cloves garlic for 3-4 minutes, add the chickpeas and cumin then add the tomatoes and half the Walnuts and fry for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Mix together the yogurt, remaining garlic and Walnuts.
- Lay the vegetables on a large serving platter, top with the chickpea mixture. Spoon over the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve.
- Swap the chickpeas for cannellini or kidney beans and add some fresh chilli for a little kick.
Serving: 338g | Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Fibre: 9.2g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt 0.03g per serving