BBQ Gem Lettuce, California Walnut and Feta Salad
Servings 4 people
- 2 little gem lettuce quartered
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g mini watermelon 2 x 2cm slices
- 100 g feta
- 50 g California Walnuts
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Brush the cut surfaces of the little gem with a little oil and place on a BBQ or griddle pan, cook for 1 minute each side until slightly charred. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Brush the watermelon slices with a little oil and BBQ or griddle for 2-3 minutes each side to give light bar marks, cut each into 6 wedges and add to the serving plate. Crumble over the feta and sprinkle with Walnuts.
- Whisk the vinegar into the remaining oil, season and drizzle over the salad to serve.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5.3g | Fibre: 1.5g | Sugar: 8.1g
Back to Recipe Search
Cook’s tip: Add some shredded roast chicken to make it into a main course salad. 0.64g salt per serving.