Couscous & Chicken Harissa Broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 1.3 litre chicken stock
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 400 g giant wholewheat couscous
- 100 g sugar snaps sliced diagonally
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 100 g baby spinach
- 200 g roast chicken breast shredded
- Drizzle chilli sauce to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and fennel for 5 minutes. Add the stock and harissa and bring to the boil, stir in the couscous and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar snaps and Walnuts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the couscous is tender. Add the spinach and chicken and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon into bowls and drizzle with a little chilli sauce to serve.
- Try using pak choi or mange tout instead of the sugar snaps or swap the spinach for shredded Savoy cabbage.
Serving: 592g | Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fibre: 17g
Back to Recipe Search
Salt 0.17g per serving