Fig, Orange, Cranberry and California Walnut Raw Flapjacks
These no-bake flapjacks combine the flavours of California walnuts, figs, orange and cranberry for a mouthwatering snack or dessert - perfect for lunchboxes, picnics and elevenses.
Prep Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings 16 People
- 100 g dried figs
- 120 g California walnuts plus 16 whole walnuts to garnish
- 150 g oats
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50 g flaxseed
- 100 g medjool dates
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 60 g dried cranberries
- Grease a small, square, deep sided baking tray with a little coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
- Place the figs in a small bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover them and leave to soak for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, place the 120g of walnuts and half the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are the texture of course sand.
- Add the orange zest, flaxseed, medjool dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and drained soaked figs to the food processor. Process until the mixture comes together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the remaining oats and cranberries, kneading them in with your hands.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture into the corners.
- Place into the fridge to set for around 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.4g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 15.9g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Fibre: 3.4g | Sugar: 12.1g