- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 150 g frozen peas defrosted
- 150 g frozen edamame beans defrosted
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 50 g California Walnuts roughly chopped
- 400 g can lentils
- ½ x 25g pack coriander chopped
- 4 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and fry the spring onions, peas and beans for 3 minutes, add the cumin, chilli, Walnuts and the lentils with the juice from the can, cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir in half the coriander and season.
- Make 4 hollows in the vegetables and crack an egg into each, place the pan in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the egg white has just set. Seve sprinkled with remaining coriander and extra chopped Walnuts, if liked.
- When in season, try replacing 50g each of the peas and beans with 100g asparagus tip, cut into 3cm pieces. Serve with a drizzle of chilli sauce and crusty bread.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fibre: 8.7gBack to Recipe Search