Bean and Walnuts on Toast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 400 g can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ 25g pack basil shredded
- 4 slices seeded wholemeal bread toasted
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, add the tomatoes, Walnuts and beans and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and most of the basil, season to taste.
- Spoon over the toast and scatter with the remaining basil and some chopped Walnuts.
- Try adding some pan fried diced pancetta to the tomato mix for extra flavour, or swap the cannellini beans for chick peas.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 3.9g | Fibre: 18gBack to Recipe Search